Enroll today and begin speaking Spanish!
This course will give you the basics and tools for conversational Spanish in medical settings to help you continue to give good quality patient care.
NURSES receive continuing education credits with this course!
How this course can help you work effectively with your Spanish-only-speaking patients.
You'll be able to introduce yourself and your role with confidence in Spanish.
You'll learn how to assess patients with simple yes/no questions to stay in control of the conversation.
You'll learn key phrases to tell patients you're going to take vital signs, give medications, or do a physical exam.
You'll understand some basics about their culture that will help you better understand their needs.
You'll learn to ask simple questions and anticipate the answers in Spanish.
You'll learn numbers, the alphabet, pronunciation and basic grammar to make a complete and correct sentence instead of sounding like a cave-man in Spanish!
You'll be able to understand your patient's needs for the simple things, and know if you need to get a translator or not for the more serious issues.
You'll learn how to actually use a translator to improve communication when necessary, (and according to your facility policy).
You'll be able to add Beginning Spanish to your resume!
You'll demonstrate that you're proactive and valuable to your team.
You won't be nervous about having a Spanish-speaking patient anymore, and you may even look forward to it to practice your new skills.
You'll be able to do more than just order tacos!
Get started now!
Are you tired of not knowing what your Spanish-speaking patient is saying?
Are you exhausted waiting to find a translator while your patient needs help and you don't know what they need?
Are you frustrated that you can't give good quality care like you want to because of a language barrier?
Spanish for Medical Professionals is a course to help you communicate more effectively with your Spanish-speaking patients.
In this course you'll learn the basics of Spanish and focus on phrases needed for healthcare professionals in various settings including the hospital, Dr.'s office, surgical center, physical therapy department, nutrition services and even school nursing. As you progress through the 16 lessons, you'll learn essential medical phrases and grammar to help you communicate more than just ordering tacos!
- Strategies to enhance learning
- Medical Cognates
- Alphabet & vowels
- Body Parts
- Medical objects and medications
- Colors and Numbers
- Clothing, foods
- Telling Time
- Clocks & calendars
- Making appointments
- Question words
- Asking & giving directions
- Initiating Yes/no questions
Understanding a Spanish Speaking Patient
- Spanglish words
- How to slow down responses
- What to listen for
Admissions to Discharge
- Physical assessment
- Vocabulary by body systems
- The Doctor’s office, clinics and hospital settings
- Medical tests & equipment
Talking with Family
- Family medical history questions
- Giving & getting information
- Correct use of an Interpreter
- Useful verbs: to be, have, want, need
- Sentence structure
- Articles, pronouns, possessives, reflexive verbs
- Gender roles and machismo
- Understanding use of folk medicine
- Time, space, values & beliefs for Hispanic/Latinos
BONUS GIFTS WITH EVERY PURCHASE:
- FREE course called “Daily Dose of Inspiration”
- FREE 10% gift certificate to be used on ANY course at Lifelong Learning Education
- FREE book “Ancestry: How To Research Your Family History & Climb Your Family Tree (written by twin sisters Trina Boice & Tracey Long)
- FREE surprise bonus module in every course
- FREE affiliate account for YOU to earn commission every time one of your friends purchases any course!
- "This course really helped me build my confidence with my Spanish-speaking patients. I was always so nervous speaking with them and never knew what they really wanted. I feel like I can now really do my job better." Nancy W. RN, Washington
- "I really loved learning medical Spanish through this course because I could go at my own pace and listen to the lectures over again if I needed. The instructor really made it easy to learn by her enthusiasm and easy to follow lessons." Keith S. RN, San Diego, CA
- "Having simple phrases for me to use with my Spanish-speaking patients now gives me the confidence to do my assessments better and really know what the patient is talking about. The qualit of my care has truly improved." Shelly B. APN, Texas.
- "Finally I have some useful sentences I can master in my role as a dietician. I don't have to wait for a translator or rely on a patient's family member. Thank you for this class." Rita N. Dietician, New Jersey